Friday, February 24, 2006

Name Change and such

After much questioning...I would like to explain the name change thing in two ways - cheapness and Texas love. When I moved to DC 5 years ago I decided I wanted to keep my Texas license for as long as I could. I don't have a car here so I didn't need to change it anyways. My license does not expire until August of this year and I didn't want to get a new one until I got back to Texas - which is coming up this June! I also haven't changed it because I'm cheap. Yea, that's right. It costs money to get a new passport, social security card, and driver's license. Josh is fine with it and it hasn't been a problem to keep it. I will probably get around to it sometime before August. My parents are horrified.

For those of you who care - Josh and I are moving to Austin at the end of May this year. We don't have jobs or a place to live - but we're moving. It will be a bit of a transition for us - I ride the bus to work, Josh rides his bike, I own snow boots and a million wool sweaters. I am ready to leave the traffic and the presidential motorcades behind, but I am not ready to leave the fall leaves, snow and friends. If you have never been to DC, you are missing out on something great. We will be here until May 28 if you need to plan a trip. My mother says I'm a great tour guide.

5 comments:

schwalka said...

I agree you are a great tour guide

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

I hate that you have to leave a place that you love--but you'll be close to me. Do you need help job finding? Is Josh good at manual labor?

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

If he has I can probaly get him a job until he finds one :)

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

If he is--sorry!!

Charity said...

You can take the girl out of Texas but you can't take the Texas out of the girl!